Level= is delighted to be supporting Cerebral Palsy Sport (CP Sport) in their search for a talented Chief Executive Officer, through a unique recruitment process that manages bias and ensures fairness for all.
CP Sport is a national disability sport organisation and charity, who encourage people with cerebral palsy to live more active lives by promoting the opportunity, capability and motivation involved in taking part in sport and physical activities. They provide sport and activity opportunities, a range of support services and also use their voice to influence change for the benefit of disabled people.
As the CEO, you will have overall responsibility for leading all strategic and operational aspects of CP Sport, working closely with the Board of Trustees and providing strong leadership to the CP Sport team.
The Chief Executive Officer role is home-based. Reporting to the Chair of The Board, you will be primarily responsible for strategic development, leadership, trustee support, partnership and business development, financial control, together with governance and compliance.
In the job you’ll be tasked with the following:
- Lead and inspire the organisation, staff and volunteers to carry out the strategic objectives of CP Sport and to ensure access to inclusive physical activity for people with Cerebral Palsy
- Embed a culture of ambition and learning for all staff in order to achieve the charity’s aims, objectives and ambitions
- Monitor the organisation’s performance and provide the Board and funders with regular reports and information to enable effective decision making and planning
- Develop stronger research, data & insight to better understand the needs of the CP community & demonstrate CP Sport’s impact
- Diversify the charity’s income in order that it becomes less dependent upon a single funder, and to take responsibility for generation of income via commercial or corporate partners
- Act as safeguarding lead for CP Sport, ensuring activities of CP Sport follow the appropriate safeguarding policy
- Manage the CP Sport risk register, identifying appropriate risk mitigations and providing regular reports to the Board
- Ensure financial control and supporting good governance across all aspects of the charity
- Manage CP Sport’s budgets and cash flow, ensuring that the financial resources of the charity meet its present and future needs, and present budgets, accounts and other financial statements to the Board
- To be an ambassador and advocate for CP Sport, representing the charity at external events and with stakeholders and potential stakeholders
The ideal person for this Chief Executive Officer role will have relevant background in shaping and influencing organisational strategy, and leading staff and volunteers to carry out the strategic aims of the Board.
You’ll also need a background in:
- Working as a Chief Executive Officer, or at Director / Senior Manager level
- Demonstrating business and commercial acumen, including budgeting, financial management skills and income generation
- Influencing and working with decision makers at all levels
In addition, you’ll need the following:
- Excellent understanding of policies and procedures for Data Protection, Health & Safety, Equality & Diversity
- Excellent understanding of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults
- Excellent written, presentation, verbal communication, and IT skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and evidence of strategic thinking with the ability to work flexibly according to the needs of the charity
- An ability to make sound judgements following an analysis of the information available and reasonable assumptions
- An ability to develop a strong working relationship with a Board of Trustees and support them to manage their governance and compliance responsibilities
- Understanding of the inequalities experienced by people with disabilities
To apply for this role, you will need to first register your interest by submitting your CV. Your CV will only be used for information purposes and will not be relevant in the application process. You will then be emailed a response containing a link needed to answer some work-related questions. Our goal is to assess your approach to a problem and better understand what knowledge and skills you have. Your answers will be anonymised, randomised and reviewed by the team.
We also think giving feedback is incredibly valuable for candidates, so at the end of the process, you’ll see how well you performed during the application process.
CP Sport are deeply committed to inclusive working practices and will make reasonable adjustments during the application process if, and where, required. CP Sport also encourage applicants who are from underrepresented groups, across protected characteristics, as they value the benefits of a diverse pool of applicants to find the best candidate.
The closing date for applications is Monday 19th September 2022, and the deadline for submission of the work-related questions is Wednesday 21st September 2022.
Press the link to apply or visit the website: https://evoportaluk.tracker-rms.com/Opportunity/LiteJob/?db=LevelEquals&id=1021&id=1021