Free events are taking place for disabled people across the country thanks to Sport England funding.
Sport England has supported a number of new everts taking place across the country through its Tackling Inequalities Fund. The fund was set up in April 2020 as part of a support package to help the sport and physical activity sector through the coronavirus (Covid-19) crisis. It was recognised that some groups were being disproportionately affected by the pandemic and it was significantly impacting their ability to be physically active. These groups are:
- Lower socio-economic groups
- Culturally diverse communities
- Disabled people
- People with long-term health conditions.
CP Sport have been working in partnership with the other physical impairment specific NSDO’s (National Disability Sport Organisations) to offer some exciting new free opportunities for different age groups and abilities.
CP Sport, DSAuk, LimbPower and WheelPower have been able to create a series of events for physically disabled people to take part in. So far these have included:
- Introduction to Air target shooting January 2022
- Calvert Trust Exmoor Activity Weekend February 2022
- Athletics Have a Go Day, Doncaster February 2022
- Athletics Have a Go Day, Sheffield March 2022
Further events will be added to the calendar. Find our full and up to date events calendar for people with cerebral palsy here: https://cpsport.org/events/?summary=all
For information about any of our events contact email@example.com